We offer three-day in-house and virtual custom workshops to introduce and apply Polarity Thinking™ and the Polarity Approach to Continuity and Transformation (PACT™) in your context. Basic program objectives include:
- Describing what polarities are and how they work
- Appreciating the value of “Either/Or” Problem Solving & “Both/And” Polarity Leveraging
- Understand why using “Either/Or” Thinking to address Polarities doesn’t work
- Use resistance as a valuable resource for significant, sustainable change
- Using technology effectively leverage polarities overtime to raise your performance ceiling & sustain a competitive advantage over time.
The workshop includes:
- Training in the five-step SMALL (Seeing, Mapping, Assessing, Learning and Leveraging) model:
SEEING – Appreciate complex challenges and opportunities and see more of the whole reality
- Understanding what polarities are and how they work
- Identifying polarities that have the greatest impact on whether they achieve their preferred future/strategy
- Identifying the Polarities underlying the most strategic issues and opportunities.
MAPPING – Identify desired results, values, and competencies
This step is about incorporating the most strategic challenges and opportunities into a polarity based assessment. You will:
- Build polarity maps for each of the key polarities identified as being most important to the organization.
- Identify what you are currently doing and what you plan on doing in relation to the upsides associated with your polarities.
- You will quantify some early warning signals that can alert you when you begin to experience the downsides of a polarity so they can course correct. The items they include in their maps automatically get converted into your assessment instrument.
- You will also begin planning how you’ll analyze and communicate your results and recommendations to the rest of the organization.
ASSESSING Utilize the Polarity Assessment™ to gather quantitative metrics from key stakeholders
This step is about learning from a critical mass of employees and stakeholders how well they think the organization is managing their most strategic polarities.
- You will engage a broad base of key stakeholders to assess how well you are currently managing the organization’s key polarities.
- People participating in the process will log onto Polarity Partnerships secure web site and complete the assessment. Once the assessment period is closed, their results are immediately available.
LEARNING: Make meaning from Assessment results, gaining insight into current strengths and vulnerabilities
This step is about gaining insights into how to effectively leverage your polarities and the impact this has on their ability to achieve and sustain success. It is also about understanding the results from your PACT™ so you can make smart decisions about how to manage your key polarities better in the future.
LEVERAGING: Develop and execute strategies to achieve and sustain desired results.
This last step is about identifying those action steps and early warnings that will ensure the organizations leverages its polarities, achieve desired results, and sustain success.
- An annual license to the Polarity Assessment™ Assessment Portal
The Polarity Assessment™ provides a more accurate measurement of the dynamics of complex and interdependent systems.
- Three four-hour coaching and support sessions in reviewing one major polarity in your organization.
- Ongoing support can be given for a discount fee.